Prayer for the week
Father, thank you for being a God who searches out the poor and vulnerable. Help me to put a face to climate change, so that it is not just an issue, but it's about a person who You created. Remind me of these people impacted by climate change whenever I feel unmotivated to make changes in my life.
Reading for the week
The earth dries up and withers, the world languishes and withers, the exalted of the earth languish. The earth is defiled by its people; they have disobeyed the laws, violated the statutes and broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore a curse consumes the earth; its people must bear their guilt. Therefore earth's inhabitants are burned up, and very few are left.
Actions for the week – focussing on electricity
- Sunday 3rd of March :Say goodbye to standby. Check that all electrical equipment is switched off when not in use. The TV alone will save a hefty 20kg of carbon dioxide per year.
- Monday 4th of March: Replace your missing bulb with an energy-saving light-bulb. Over its lifetime, you will save 60kg of carbon dioxide per year. Meat-free Monday!
- Tuesday 5th of March: Have a discussion with your family about installing a solar water heater
- Wednesday 6th of March: Unplug your mobile phone charger: it uses electricity even when it's not charging.
- Thursday 7th of March: Switch off lights as you leave the room.
- Friday 8th of March : when you replace old electrical appliances look out for energy-efficient models, they could save a third of the energy.
- Saturday 9th of March: Only run your washing machine when you have a full load.